1/15/2009

++my friend BABAR!!!!




mm so BABAR the elephant.

As a kid, I was always attracted (and oh don't get me wrong, I still am) to the style of illustration that Jean de Brunhoff did with Babar and his adventures.
I received an e-mail notification from the Mary Ryan Gallery in Chelsea, NY reminding me to stop by the gallery before their Babar exhibit was over.
As I grew older, I came across another elephant illustration/story character. His name was Elmer and he was ugly as shit.
Reasons: Ew. Elmer? As in Elmer Fudd? Great. Oh and you say he's plaid? Checkerboard? Wait, what ugly pattern is he really? It doesn't matter, he's ugly. You can see for yourself.

ANYWAY. babar is adorable and the story synopsis on its wikipedia page is hee-lair-ee-us.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babar_the_Elephant

No comments: