11/16/2009

LOL WHAT A LOSER


07/17/09

Broken fingernail in my food

by foodandtravelgirl

I was at the restaurant on a Tuesday night for dinner. We ordered a few appetizers, entrees, and a bottle of wine. As I was eating a leaf from the stuffed artichoke appetizer, I almost ate a dirty broken fingernail that was stuck in the bread crumb mixture. I freaked out at the site of the fingernail and immediately called the manager over. He was very apologetic because he did not want me to make a scene in front of other guests. He took the fingernail and went back to the kitchen to find the owner of the nail, but comes back minutes later to say that no one in the kitchen had long nails or any missing ones. He onces again apologized. If the fingernail did not belong to anyone in the kitchen this means that they did not clean the artichoke at all prior to cooking. This in itself is also gross and tells you the quality of the food there. I normally would have walked right out of the restaurant, but I was with colleagues and my boss and did not want to make a scene so we stayed for the entire meal. The entire time I felt quite nauseous and the image of the fingernail was on my mind. When the bill came the manager did comped us a few of our items, but not enough to justify what I had just gone thru. I was so grossed out by the broken fingernail that I will never go back there. Also, I can never eat stuffed artichoke again without images of the fingernail popping into my head.
  • Pros: Service is ok
  • Cons: Food not that great

No comments: